Wednesday, January 6, 2010

The Holidays

Alex at school celebrating Christmas



Andrew's drawing of a cat

Andrew with his 32 football helmets! He can name 30 teams!!!



Avery enjoying the paper


Jumpy Alex

Alex thinking about my New Years Resolution

Lights we saw at the River of Lights in ABQ

Wow! I didn't realize it had been 2 months since I wrote on the blog! I've been busy I guess. Anyway..... We had our 2nd Thanksgiving in ABQ and our first Christmas in ABQ this year. Both were very quiet and peaceful. It was nice to be on our schedule and enjoy our own little family. Of course we missed everyone but we didn't miss the chaos that comes with traveling with three kids.
Andrew, Alex and Avery all had a great Christmas. They got a lot of stuff. We need a bigger house now. Andrew wanted anything sports related. Alex likes Elmo and trains and Avery likes anything she can get her hands on.
Andrew continues to amaze us with his sports knowledge, computer knowledge, and language. Alex is still a dare devil and is talking more and more. Avery is starting to "scoot" and loves to stand. She is still not crawling but I beginning to think she might go straight to walking. she also loves to talk. She says "mama, dada, uhoh, baba,".
We have really started to "settle in" here in ABQ. We have made some great friends and are getting really envolved in church. It's hard to believe that we are halfway through our time here. -Stacey